Time to get serious!

Hi everyone! I’m Valar and very happy to be joining these forums. These past couple of years I’ve been wanted to get more disciplined and get the most out of life, cutting out things that don’t need to be there. Whilst I’m doing well with conquering video game addiction, my procrastination (and indeed, coping mechanisms) have transferred largely over to mindless surfing, from endless YouTube and Netflix to simple information overload when I should be working but I’m ‘productively procrastinating’ instead!

So I’m joining the NoSurf fight, let’s do this!

Welcome to forum Valar. There’s a quote you might like that’s one of my favorites:

It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.” - Bruce Lee

You seem really motivated for going forward. Keep up the progress! My on piece of advice is that from experience, I know that it can be really easy to divert our energies from online medium to another. Video games to social media. Social media to Netflix etc. So I find it really helpful to also have productive goals set for life offline. Maybe make a list of books you want to read, start a plan to run everyday, or get into meditation.

[QUOTE=“greyrocks1, post: 517, member: 2”]Welcome to forum Valar. There’s a quote you might like that’s one of my favorites:

It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.” - Bruce Lee

You seem really motivated for going forward. Keep up the progress! My on piece of advice is that from experience, I know that it can be really easy to divert our energies from online medium to another. Video games to social media. Social media to Netflix etc. So I find it really helpful to also have productive goals set for life offline. Maybe make a list of books you want to read, start a plan to run everyday, or get into meditation.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, thanks for the advice! There’s a number of offline goals I’d love to meet, like books and fitness.