I decided to make my journal public so I could get some advice from those in the community. Anyways, let’s start with what I already done:
- Download Moment on my phone. Bought the Pro version
- Have the iOS 12 beta on my phone, so I also use the new Screen Time feature
- Deleted YouTube and Reddit from my phone
- Installed DF Tube on Chrome
- Installed Cold Turkey Free on my Mac
- Narrowed my subscriber list (YouTube) from 200 to 25
- Narrowed my subscription list (Reddit) from 20 to 5
I used Moment since April, the rest of the list is all new stuff I did to cut back before school. Results are mixed. I never felt the urge to disable DF Tube, but I keep refreshing Reddit, Discord, and here to wait for a reply. But I feel like I can always come back later now. My willpower is strengthening, but it still needs work. Discord is my biggest foe at this point because I own a server. When I leave, I believe I am leaving behind a sense of community, but it’s a bit better now. HQ Trivia is a game I use to play all the time when it’s live even when I don’t have time. I only play the 6pm PDT/9pm EST games now. I have a 21.5 inch iMac, iPad mini (Original; 1st gen), a spare Samsung core Prime, and an iPhone 7+ (main phone). I collect Pokemon and Funko Pops. Also, I enjoy to doddle occasionally. Now for some questions to wrap things up:
- Is there an age requirement to NoSurf/be on the forum?
- How could I overcome Discord use and stop refreshing pages?
- Is there an alternative to Moment on iOS because I always ignore the daily limit notification
Thanks for taking the time to read this long first entry. See you soon! I will try to update weekly