- What were the 1-3 most helpful journals you read last year?
- What were the 1-3 most helpful posts you read last year?
- What is your best bit of advice you could share to fellow NoSurfers?
- What was your worst failure last year and how did you overcome it?
- What’s your favourite thing about sticking to this lifestyle?
Didin’t have time to give my own answers earlier today. I’ve shared them below. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
- Anthymn because it has great software recommendations and also discusses the effects that our mental health and environment can have on our tech habits which is something I’ve experienced first hand as well. Magis because they were very specific about their goals and the structure of their journal posts focuses on building a better future rather than focusing on past mistakes. Giraffe because they focused on building small habits and earning small wins to lead to bigger success. This is an approach that has helped me accomplish big goals as well.
- I really liked my Why are you NoSurfing post. Motivation is everything. Know your why’s. Trying Something New - Dismantling My PC because it’s an example of true dedication.
- Embrace all that life has to offer. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Stop running away from it.
- My worst NoSurf failure occurred during the month of May 2018. I was putting in 6+ hrs of time online per day. I was out of control. I overcame this failure by using my dissatisfaction as motivation to succeed for the remaining months of the summer. Failure was no longer an option for me. My worst failure regarding online behaviour was when I called NoSurf a cult on Reddit back in August 2018. This was my reaction to getting banned under my leTigre account name. I was banned because I was very rude to the NoSurf community in general after I thought it was making me unhappy. I overcame it by looking into myself and realizing that nothing about that online mess was coming from a place of love. It hurt a lot of people and still continues to hurt many people today. In some ways it’s one of the best things that happened to me because it served as a catalyst for change. I am happy with this change I am creating in myself.
- Awesome sleep. I’m just happier in general.