My NoSurf Journey

So I realised I’m doing this wrong. I try to use my phone and my computer less but I don’t have a goal. And sometimes my use time goes really high and afterwards I’m disappointed because I used it for too much time but I don’t even have a goal, no specific goal. I’m not sure which goal to set. I’ll try and come up with some goal. ‘Using my phone and computer less’ is not a great goal because I can’t know for sure when I reached that goal because I don’t have a specific time value that separates ‘too much’ from ‘ok’. I hope I’m able to come up with a great goal. And try to stick to it. And I’ll stop trying to improve without a specific goal because it doesn’t work.

I think a good way to look at it is not to set a goal in terms of what you are not going to do (use the internet less), but instead what you are going to do more of.

For me this was going to run a marathon and by setting that goal, incorporate a weekly exercise routine that I still benefit from on a daily basis. Furthermore, I try to eat a more plant-based diet. Not to say that I will be a vegan and never eat meat or dairy anymore, just that I try to increase my uptake of fruits and veggies and therefore I can’t eat as much junk food if I prioritize healthy foods first.

With regards to past time activities, I try to read a lot more physical books and by doing so, I have a lot less time to surf the web.

If you’d like to discuss a few more ideas, feel free to send me as message!

So this week I started using Colibri as my main browser for it only has one tab and doesn’t allow me to multitask. The problem is RescueTime doesn’t work with Colibri and it logged Colibri instead of the websites I used, and it has Colibri as Very Productive as default, probably confusing Colibri with something else with the same name, so I haven’t got a precise summary of my week. I want to keep on using Colibri, because it’s simple and clean, but it won’t work with RescueTime. If anyone reading this uses Colibri and RescueTime, please tell me what can I do.