Minimalist Launcher for Android

I’ve been using recently KISS Launcher. KISS stands for Keep It Simple and Stupid. It’s a launcher that only has a history list, where you can see your recent apps; a search bar, to look for specific apps; and a button that shows all apps. The launcher shows a list of recently used apps on the home screen, with the search bar on the bottom and the button on the left of the search bar.

The thing is, with the right settings, you can get a minimalist launcher. Mine, for example, has nothing but a wallpaper on my home screen. Notification bar is hidden and so is the bar on the bottom of the screen, with the home button and others. The search bar is transparent, so it is there but it’s not visible. I need to click the invisible bar to search for the app I want instead of having a home screen filled with app icons and a menu with a list of apps.

Here are a few examples of looks you can get with it:

The launcher is available on Google Play and F-Droid and it’s interesting if you want something minimalist without much on your screen and/or the need to search for an app instead of just look for it in a list of other apps.

Tip: Use the launcher settings. Don’t settle for what comes by default.

This is a great launcher. I don’t understand why this thread doesn’t get more recognition. It seems like the best thing Android users can get to the iPhone method of having to search every app. Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll see how long I keep it - I’m not a big friend of launchers, but this one seems to be very nice.

It indeed is. Specially with the right settings. Else it just shows you what you used recently, making it easier to access

It indeed is. Specially with the right settings. Else it just shows you what you used recently, making it easier to access

Do you know whether you can turn off the list of apps? I looked at all the settings, but the logo in the bottom left corner still shows the list of apps, even if you make the logo disappear.

I’m not sure you can turn off, but you can hide it, in the User experience part of the menu, under Minimalistic UI