Looking for a partnership of mutual accountability and support for improving digital habits and mental well-being

About me: I’m a 21 year old from Norway. I study economics and computer science, and I like music, reading and cooking.

I have successfully stopped using Instagram and Facebook. But I have not been able to stop mindlessly using reddit and youtube, and I also compulsively follow news and politics. I feel like my internet use is making me constantly anxious and worried about things I can’t do anything about. I want to feel more calm and content in my everyday life, and not feel like I’m missing out on the world if I don’t keep up with everything happening on the internet.

My goals: I want to commit to developing healthier internet habits, and use more of my time on slower, more intentional and rewarding activities like reading, spending time in nature, meditating, hobbies and spending time with friends. I also want to take other steps to deal with anxiety.

What I want from a partner:

• Someone who is dealing with similar issues

• Taking concrete steps together to improve our digital habits

• Talking openly about our successes, failures and challenges

• Talking about things related to social media, anxiety, addiction and online entertainment

• Discussing music, meditation, hobbies and books (and activities to do instead of surfing)

I would prefer to communicate via text, either through long form e-mails or through normal texting via some instant messaging app.

Let me know if any of this resonated with you! :blush:

I’d love to be your accountability partner! Message me privately.

Definitely resonated! I have trouble with youtube and reddit as well, despite not being on social media. I like your goals, elimination of the excesses. Taking life at a slower pace. That’s something I aspire to, being ok with silence and not being stimulated 24/7.

I’m interested.
A bit about me here.