Hello everyone

Hey all I’m Thompson. I found this website this week after a friend forwarded me the smartphone protocol article. I’ve been reading through the info on the site and it’s inspired me to join the forum.

I’m a 24 year old guy working at an investment firm abroad. Some of my interests are: investing, personal finance, and watching bollywood movies. If you’re interested in any of these shoot me a message, always down to talk about them.

I’d like to suggest we add a bollywood movie sub-forum. JK :wink:

I don’t have a problem with reddit or instagram or snapchat. My biggest time sinks are youtube and netflix. I can watch them for hours. Sometimes I stay up really late and end up going to work tired. To be honest, I didn’t see it as that big of a problem up until I found this site. Most of my work friends and friends from school have really similar habits so I guess I grew to see it as normal? But since finding the site this week, I’ve been doing lots of research and I think I’m starting to piece some things together. It’s made me sit down and re-examine the direction my life is headed in.

I think my online after work habits might be to blame for the parts of my life that I’m not satisfied with right now. One thing I’ve wanted for a while now is to meet a nice girl and enter into a relationship. Another thing I want is to advance in my career and become more skilled. I think my youtube and netflix habits are holding me back with regards to both of these goals.

I decided to join the forum because sometimes I have interesting thoughts and ideas. But no one to share them with. I do have friends, but I’ve noticed that they like to talk more about work, sports, and shows. Which is completely fine, I like to talk about those things too. But sometimes I like to have more thoughtful conversations on deeper topics. After reading the submissions on this forum, I can tell that there are others here who like the same thing. Some of you guys share very interesting ideas. I think I’m going to enjoy my time here.