A Comprehensive Reading List For NoSurf Pt. 2

In our previous reading list my goal was to provide material that would lay down a theoretical foundation for why someone should NoSurf. It was to create the awareness in someone’s head that the internet has the potential to have a negative impact on their life. It was to create the “why” behind NoSurf.

Once someone gets the “why” and has sufficient motivation to weild the internet like a tool rather than be jerked around by it like a puppet on strings they can transition to the “how”.

How does someone transition from an internet addict to someone who is in control of their internet use?

This is a hard question to answer because there’s no one right answer. Every person has a different lifestyle and different use cases for the internet. They also have different things in their life that have led to internet addiction. This means you have to be extremely self reliant and take a holistic approach to overcoming internet addiction.

I’ve selected a few essential books that will provide the knowledge someone needs to tackle their internet addiction from multiple angles. The topics cover mindfulness, habits, productivity, mental state, self improvement, sleep, and social skills. Once again I tried to keep the list extremely focused on the essentials.

Here are my recommendations:

Mindfulness In Plain English by Henepola Gunaratana

Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Matz

As A Man Thinketh by James Allen

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by Dr. David Burns

Mindset: The New Psychology Of Success by Carol Dweck

Willpower: Rediscovering The Greatest Human Strength by Roy Baumeister

The Power Of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business by Charles Duhigg

Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way To Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear

How To Become A Straight A Student: The Unconventional Strategies Real College Students Use To Score High While Studying Less by Cal Newport

Getting Things Done: The Art Of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen

How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie

The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master The Art And Science Of Personal Magnetism by Olivia Fox Cabane

Why We Sleep: Unlocking The Power Of Sleep And Dreams by Matthew Walker

Dealing with Negative Emotions - Gensargento's Journal